Sunday, October 12, 2008

More posts about endo to come.

I've decided to post more about my endo and the symptoms as they come because some have started already.

I had my six week follow up with my ob/gyn. I told him that we would like to wait for a couple of years or so to try again for another child. He said it is attainable, but I need to breastfeed as long as I can to suppress the endo. I plan to breastfeed until about 9 or 10 months and then pump exclusively afterwards. I hope that my supply maintains long enough to do so. In the meantime, we have to be on some form of birth control just to make sure I don't get pregnant. The doctor put me on Micronor. It's progesterone based as I'm creating enough estrogen breastfeeding. What is even better is that I don't get a monthly cycle. The pills just continue throughout the month!
It seems funny to try to prevent getting pregnant. After everything Adam and I went through, you would think we would just welcome another one with open arms. We want to give Ella all the love and attention she deserves in the next two years because she is such a miracle. To have another baby right off wouldn't be fair to her.
There will be these posts on my blog here and there and definitely more as Adam and I begin the process of trying again!

No comments: