Wednesday, July 4, 2007

July 4th


I thought that I would take the time in this post to express why I feel lucky on this fourth of July. I feel that we are lucky as a country to be free, we can step out past our front yard (for the most part) and feel safe, unlike some 3rd world countries like Darfur where women are beaten and raped, where they can't vote and children are starving and don't have doctors to keep them healthy. Our country has clean water to drink and the vast majority of people have a place to stay and food on the table.

Thank you to all the families who are making sacrifices by having their family members overseas fighting for other countries' freedom. Thank you to all of those fighting. Even though I don't support the war effort, I support our troops.

I feel lucky personally because I have a loving husband who cares about me and is always there for me. I have a family down the road from me who I can visit anytime I want. I have a mother and father who care deeply about me and who are always there for me. I'm lucky because both my husband and I have job stability which means a roof over our heads and food on the table.

I feel most lucky today because I have the day off to spend with family!!!!

~Christa~

No comments: