Thursday, May 8, 2008

23 weeks!

Your baby is more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound (about as much as a large mango). She may be able to feel your movements now, so put on some tunes and dance around the house. No matter what race your baby is, she looks red now due to blood vessels showing through her transparent skin. Her true skin tone will develop over the course of her first year. Blood vessels in your baby's lungs are developing to prepare her for breathing, but complete lung development will take many more months. The lungs are the last organ to fully develop.

Adam felt the baby move last night for the first time:) He was so surprised and thought I was tricking him! He said he thought it was the head....but I don't really think that you can tell at this point, you never know though. She's moving around a lot more and I feel her throughout the day, mostly right after I eat something or right as I lay down to go to bed. It's the most awesome feeling in the world, I just can't explain it! All the throwing up and backaches are worth it! I'm finding myself a lot more tired at the end of the day, wanting to hit the hay around 8:30 or 9, but waking up to pee between then and 1 and staying awake for a while at one, then getting back up to pee and before I know it, the birds are chirping outside my window. I'm not a big fan of any birds, especially the loud
obnoxious ones:)

On a side note, I think my baby girl may be deprived of clothing. I have a whole trunk full of girl clothes from my mom and my sisters and everyone who is nice enough to give me hand me downs! I can't wait to dress her up!


Adam and I couldn't resist buying this for her! She's already a sox fan!
Until next time!

2 comments:

jannandpat said...

Uh oh! Wait til you see all the clothes I've bought for her already! Love, Pat

jannandpat said...

It's so great to hear that things are going well. I remember when I first felt Adam move in utero. Very exciting!!

Love,

Jann/Daddy