Tuesday, July 1, 2008

31 Week Appointment

So I was stuck with the doctor who I don't so much like today, which kinda stinks. I never get Dr. G anymore and it kinda stinks cause he takes you on a patient to patient basis, where Dr. B just clumps everyone together (or that's the feeling I get). I told her that work is making me work very long shifts in 9 or 10 day increments and she didn't so much as budge, she just said that my blood pressure isn't high and I'm not pre-eclamptic, so there is nothing I can do to cut back my hours, just to tell work that I need to work 5 days a week 8 hours a day. She wrote me a note, but I'm not sure how much good it will do with the way work is going lately. They may just say "we can't do that for you" at which point I cannot do anything. I worked an 11 hour day, my 9th day in a row yesterday because we were understaffed yet again and ended up having frequent contractions at the end of the day. Pretty scary.
The good news is the baby's head is down, so she's in position, now to wait 9 more weeks for her to make her appearance. I'm not throwing up anymore which is great! Still have a few food aversions, but they seem to be subsiding.
Hopefully my next post will be more positive, I have had a long few days with work being so complicated.
Maybe this summer will go by fast!:)

No comments: