Thursday, February 26, 2009

Endometriosis Awareness Month

March is Endometriosis Awareness Month. I am going to make a good faith effort to wear something yellow every day of the month. This year my goal is to make at least 100 more people aware of this illness, letting them all know that even though it's not something you can visually relate to, it's a disease that hurts. We as endo patients need to be strong and let others know that we are being proactive about the disease. Although I wish that I never had to battle with this and the pain that comes along with it, I'm proud to say that I've survived it, having had 3 laps, pain meds, horrible cycles and suffered through infertility. I'm strong and proud of it! Anyone who has to deal with this illness should be proud of themselves. And in March we celebrate this!

1 comment:

Nic said...

Well said. I now have to go and actually purchase some yellow things! I dont have anything yellow in my wardrobe at all, not in socks! Good excuse to go shopping I say!
I am impressed that you are so strong about your endo. I try to be but I feel like it is winning at the moment and I dont want it to beat me, I want to beat it!!!
I try to make people aware but I feel they really dont care, or get it. I shall try though!